Cross the Puget Sound on the Tacoma Narrows Bridge and enjoy the company of fellow bicyclists from all over the country on this 170-mile weekend bicycle event. Named a "Top 10 Classic" road ride by OutdoorsNW magazine, RAPSody is celebrating its 10th anniversary this year.
- Challenging — Two 85-mile days of rolling hills add up to 9,600 feet of elevation.
- Scenic — Water and mountain views, wooded back roads.
- Tasty — Yogurt parfaits, calzones, sandwich bar, homemade cookies.
- Friendly — 500 riders at an event hosted by bicyclists for bicyclists.
At the halfway point of this two-day loop, there is indoor and outdoor camping at Shelton High School, root beer floats, massage, and on-site meals supporting the Shelton youth center (SOCK) —plus a Saturday nigh bike movie.
New for 2013:
- 10th anniversary t-shirt with early registration.
- BBQ dinner at Shelton High School (extra fee).
- Membership in the Bicycle Alliance of Washington included; a $35 value.
Ride Proceeds: All event proceeds support the Bicycle Alliance's ( statewide advocacy and education.
- $90 through July 15.
- $100 through Aug. 16, when registration CLOSES.
- Sorry, no day of ride registration.
Photos, a review of 2007, and comments from 2008 riders.
Please check our Facebook group for current updates. For more information, contact us or check the Frequently Asked Questions.